Mint Strawberry Avocado Smoothie is a refreshing blend of mint tea, strawberries, mango and avocado.
How to use tea in smoothies
Can you use tea in smoothies? Of course!
Iced tea is a mainstay in my fridge and it translates easily into a base for a fruit smoothie.
There are several types of tea that I enjoy uses as an alternative to milk in a smoothie:
- Mint tea gives you a blast of cool freshness on warm days like in this mango cucumber mint smoothie recipe. After my trip to Morocco, I’ve been obsessed with Moroccan Mint tea.
- I use chai tea or chai tea mix in the colder months for a cozy blend of warming spices like this blueberry banana chai smoothie recipe.
- Any berry tea will elevate a fruit smoothie in general.
Can you put Avocado in Smoothies?
Avocado adds creaminess and volume to smoothies. It’s rich and velvety in texture – almost like whipped yogurt. The avocado is unnoticeable when blended with sweet fruit. It’s a healthy + delicious way to get creaminess into a vegan smoothie.
How to Make A Strawberry Avocado Smoothie
The key to making a great strawberry smoothie always starts with the quality of the strawberries. If you don’t have sweet strawberries, you don’t have a sweet smoothie. Plain and simple.
The key ingredients in this vegan smoothie each have a job to do:
- Avocado gives it a whipped-like texture.
- Frozen mango acts as the ice cubes to give it that frozen blended texture without watering it down and adds natural sweetness.
- Mint tea brightens the whole smoothie with a subtle, refreshing blast of coolness that only mint can bring.
I insist on drinking smoothies or any cold beverage with stainless steel straws. There are so many fun stainless steel straw colors now!
Mint tea, strawberries, mango and avocado - a smooth blend of healthy deliciousness! Vegan + Gluten Free.
Place everything except the hemp seeds into a blender.
Blend until smooth. Adding more mint tea if needed.
Sprinkle with hemp seeds and a few slices of fresh strawberry.