Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes are tossed in a simple chipotle bbq seasoning mix using spice drawer staples. Stuff these breakfast potatoes into an egg and cheese burrito for the ultimate breakfast!
How to make Oven Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
STEP 1: Mix Seasoning.
A lot of BBQ mixes include brown sugar as an ingredient. I get enough sugar eating delicious cookies – so I’ve opted not to here.
This seasoning is not limited to roasted potatoes, sprinkle it on any veggie that you want to have a smoky bbq flavor. It’s also a perfect way to season healthy snacks like roasted nuts, chickpeas and popcorn!
*There will be plenty of extra seasoning left over after making these oven roasted potatoes. Store it in an airtight container.
STEP 2: Mix Seasoning + Olive Oil.
Take a little seasoning and blend with olive oil in a small bowl to create a seasoned oil.
STEP 3: Roast Breakfast Potatoes.
Coat potatoes with seasoned oil or with any vegetable of your choice. Roast in the oven until brown + crisp.
TIPS for Roasting Vegetables
- Use a dark sheet pan for more even browning.
- Don’t overcrowd your veggies! Make sure there is ample space around your veggies so all the edges get crispy!
- Get a head start by heating your sheet pan in the oven as your oven warms up. Toss the veggies directly onto the sheet pan. They’ll sizzle as they hit and start crisping on the bottoms immediately. It cuts down on the roasting time too!
These oven roasted potatoes make excellent breakfast burritos!
Roasted potatoes tossed with a chipotle BBQ seasoning.
Heat oven to 400 degrees. Place dark sheet pan in the oven to warm as well.
Trim potatoes to desired size - noting larger pieces may take more time to roast. Place in a large mixing bowl.
Combine all the spice mix ingredients in a small bowl and blend with a whisk or use a small Cuisinart to blend it quickly.
In a small bowl, add 1 Tbs olive oil. Mix in 1 tsp Chipotle BBQ Seasoning. Blend until emulsified.
Add to potatoes and mix with a spatula until well coated.
Sprinkle with a few more dashes of salt.
Once the oven and sheet pan are hot, add the potatoes and roast for 15-20 minutes until crispy and golden. I also recommend giving the sheet pan a shake halfway through cooking to rotate the potatoes.
*There will be plenty of extra seasoning left over from this recipe. Store it in an airtight container.
Some other ideas for using this spice mix:
- Add some to black bean burgers for a BBQ Black Bean Burger.
- Use a mandoline to slice potatoes or beets super thin to make homemade chips – season with this mix!
- Roast chickpeas tossed with olive oil and this spice mix for a healthy, spicy snack!