With shredded zucchini, plenty of lemon and a little coconut milk, this single serving Lemon Zucchini Cake results in a moist and delicious vegan mug cake in about 2 minutes.
Sometimes I want just a little bit of cake.
Enter the mug cake.
It’s just enough cake to satisfy your sweet tooth, easy to make and no oven required! Just whip these ingredients together in a mug and microwave!
I admit, it’s a dangerously easy recipe to have on hand.
How to Make a Vegan Mug Cake
This zucchini mug cake recipe requires no eggs and just a few ingredients. The best part is that you use this recipe as a template for any dreamy mug cake combination you can think of!
The fresh shredded zucchini keeps this mug cake moist and the coconut milk adds just enough creamy richness to make this your new favorite mug cake recipe.
Here are some other mug cake ideas:
- Coconut Vanilla Bean Mug Cake – instead of lemon opt for vanilla bean paste or extract + shredded coconut.
- Chocolate Zucchini Mug Cake – swap out the lemon for cocoa powder and create a chocolate mug cake of your dreams.
This zucchini mug cake is just another brilliant reason to grow zucchini in your garden!
This mug cake doesn’t lack lemon flavor! It’s bursting with lemon!
When Meyer lemons are in season, I highly suggest using them!
What I love about this lemon zucchini mug cake…
- It’s got a super rich + moist texture from the shredded zucchini + coconut milk.
- Lemon is the prominent flavor + the extra lemon drizzle makes you feel like you’re eating a lemon pound cake.
- It’s technically a vegetable serving, right?
Here are some of my favorite healthy zucchini recipes to try:
With shredded zucchini, plenty of lemon and a little coconut milk, this Lemon Zucchini Cake results in a moist and delicious vegan mug cake in 2 minutes.
- 8 Tbs All-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 6 Tb coconut milk or milk of choice
- 2 Tb canola oil
- 2 Tb lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini squeezed dry
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients. (This can be mixed directly in your microwave safe large mug or ramekin if it's large enough).
Add all wet ingredients including shredded zucchini and mix until all dry bits are incorporated.
Microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes - checking at the 1.5 minute mark. It will still be a little moist in the very center. (if you've split the batter between 2 separate mugs - start out with 1 minute in the microwave to adjust for the smaller container)
Drizzle with lemony frosting and zest (optional)
More recipes you may like