This Cranberry Pomegranate Sauce is essential for your Thanksgiving feast. Fresh or frozen cranberries, a little pomegranate juice, orange zest and a little brown sugar creates a homemade cranberry sauce that is worlds better than opening a can.
Year after year I saw our family holiday table adorned with a plate of perfectly sliced rounds of congealed cranberry dressing direct from the can. Sound familiar?
Don’t be ashamed anymore.
This easy recipe for Thanksgiving cranberry dressing will be your new go-to. Simple ingredients and instructions with great results. You’ve gone to all the trouble of preparing a feast, don’t let it fall short with vintage cranberry dressing from a can.
What to do with leftover Cranberry Sauce
- With the leftover cranberry pomegranate sauce – make cranberry quick bread!
- Or layer it with the rest of your Thanksgiving leftovers in these Thanksgiving Hand Pies!
An easy cranberry pomegranate sauce for your Thanksgiving dinner!
- 1 12 oz. bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup pure pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed + plus extra to taste
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
Bring cranberries, pomegranate juice, water, brown sugar, and orange zest to a boil in a medium saucepan. Reduce heat and partially cover. Simmer until the majority of the cranberries have popped – about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and mash with a potato masher. Taste & add more brown sugar, 1 tsp at a time, if desired.
Cool at least 1 hour before serving.
May be prepared up to 5 days in advance. Store in a airtight container in the refrigerator.