This healthy Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad is tossed in a light honey vinaigrette. Layers of crisp, fluffy shreds of brussels sprouts are mixed with crunchy roasted pistachios and parmesan cheese.
How do you like your brussels sprouts?
Simply roasted is the most common answer!
Layered with pistachios and parmesan cheese, shredded brussels sprouts are tossed in a subtly sweet honey dressing. It’s the perfect vegetable side dish and make a great addition to your Easter or Mother’s day menu.
It’s bright and light way to prepare brussels sprouts.
How to make this Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
This salad tops the list for simple, make-ahead, perfect for holidays type of salad. All the ingredients can be prepped ahead of time and combined right before serving. It’s as easy as one of those salad kits.
Step 1: Make the Honey Vinaigrette.
A simple honey vinaigrette uses just 4 ingredients. The sweet flavor is very mild in this dressing, but really works well with the raw sprouts.
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Step 2: Trim and Shred brussels sprouts.
First, cut the stems off the bottom of the sprouts and remove the outer layer of leaves. Then shred them.
How to make shredded brussels sprouts
I’ll list the methods starting with the easiest and quickest way to the longer way.
- Use a Cuisinart fitted with a slicing blade. So fast.
- Use a mandoline. It’s a great kitchen tool, but be careful!
- With a sharp knife, slice each sprout in half and finely cut each piece into shreds. This probably will add 20 – 30 minutes to your prep time.
Step 3: Toss Shredded Brussels + Vinaigrette. Top with pistachios and parmesan cheese.
This Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad is so light I dare say it’s a spring-themed brussels sprouts salad!
Unique Foodie Gifts for Brussels Sprouts Lovers – Of course!
A raw brussels sprouts salad dressed with honey vinaigrette, parmesan cheese and plenty of roasted pistachios.
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 lbs raw brussels sprouts
- 1 cup toasted pistachios, lightly salted (I like a mix of whole pistachios + crushed in this salad)
- 1 cup shaved parmesan or pecorino romano
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional: 1/2 cup shaved red onion
Place all ingredients together in a mason jar and shake until emulsified. Or use a small Cuisinart and blend.
Shave brussels sprouts using one of the methods described in this recipe post.
Toss with honey vinaigrette.
Add pistachios and parmesan. Optional red onion. Toss again.
Add salt and pepper to taste.