This easy Chicken Taco Chili maximizes flavor without taking up all your time! Red pepper, red onions, corn, beans, chicken and a few spices are all you need to whip up an amazing chili. Topped with with corn chips, maybe some cheese if you’d like. It’s perfect for your game day party.
how to make chicken taco chili
- Chop peppers and onions. Sauté with chicken.
- When chicken is cooked, mix in all remaining ingredients except sour cream/yogurt. If you prefer shredded chicken, now is the time to shred it before adding the remaining ingredients.
- Simmer until heated through.
- Stir in Greek yogurt or sour cream.
- Top with cheddar jack cheese and crushed corn chips or serve with cheesy biscuits. Ready in just 20 minutes!
Serve chicken taco chili with these White Cheddar Chipotle Cornmeal Biscuits. And guacamole, of course!
This recipe is quick + simple. It’s a one pot recipe, so there will be minimal kitchen clean-up.
Whether you make it for Superbowl Sunday or just a regular Sunday, it will leave you with plenty of time to relax and enjoy the evening.
This chili recipe will suit all palates. It’s not super spicy at all. There is a subtle sweetness from the ketchup and dried basil.
To make it spicer:
- choose a medium taco seasoning
- a spicy enchilada sauce
- sauté chicken with a few dashes of chili powder
- add fresh jalapeño to each bowl before serving
It’s this easy!
+ For a scoop-able appetizer – cut the chicken a little smaller for easy dipping!
This easy chicken chili maximizes flavor without taking up all your time! It's delicious with corn chips and also makes a great party dip - just cut the chicken a little smaller for easier scoopability!
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mild or medium, your choice
- 1, 16 ounce can pinto or kidney beans drained
- 1 cup sweet yellow corn frozen
- 1 cup red enchilada sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- cheddar jack cheese, to top (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.
Add chicken, red onion and pepper. Season with a few dashes of salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, 5-7 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
Add everything else (except yogurt), bring to a bubble, reduce to medium low, simmer for another 5 minutes to heat through.
Stir in yogurt or sour cream. Season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with a side of corn chips. This also makes a great appetizer dip!
This chili can also be served as a dip for corn chips. Just cut the chicken pieces smaller for a party appetizer style chili.
This chili recipe is not very spicy. Add some chili spice to kick up the heat!
Serve it up for Superbowl Sunday in some fun football themed chili cups!
Making this for Super Bowl Sunday!
Can’t wait to try this!
So easy and so YUMMY! Thanks for the recipe!