How to Roast Garlic + 10 Recipes. Roasted Garlic is an amazing flavor boost for so many recipes. From soup to sandwiches, pasta and more.
The first time I ever had mashed roasted garlic was at my brother-in-law’s house. He served it as an appetizer with shaved parmesan and crusty bread. He also had strawberries with a balsamic reduction – I was in awe of his kitchen knowledge.
I went out soon after and purchased a garlic roaster. I was invested in this creamy and mellow garlic spread. It packs a lot of deep garlic flavor into dishes!
A simple appetizer can be assembled by layering a tiny bit of butter or olive oil, followed by a smear of garlic and a thin shaving of parmesan. Or you can let your guests build their own appetizer – spreading their own clove and adding different toppings.
This week, roasted garlic will be featured in a few recipes – garlic breath and all!
You don’t have to own a garlic baker to roast garlic. Wrapping the bulbs in aluminum foil will work as well.
TIP: Include a sprig of your favorite herb like rosemary or thyme to the garlic bulb to add flavor.
How to roast garlic and 10+ delicious recipes to serve it!
- whole head of garlic outer layer removed
- olive oil
- optional: sprig of thyme or rosemary
Cut the top 1/4" off the garlic bulb(s).
Place in the garlic baker or on top of a sheet of aluminum foil.
Drizzle with a little olive oil. Add herb sprig, if using.
Add the lid or wrap up with foil and place in a cold oven.
Bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 350F.
Scoop the roasted bulbs out of each shell.
Use immediately or store in the fridge covered in a little olive oil for up to 1 week. You can freeze it for longer storage to use in soups. But why would you freeze this goodness?
What do you eat Roasted Garlic with?
10 Fabulous Ways to Use a Head of Roasted Garlic
3. Dip it! White Bean Dip with Roasted Garlic
4. Make a Salad! Roasted Broccoli Salad with Almonds & Roasted Garlic
5. Slather It! Avocado Toast with Roasted Garlic
6. Sauce it Up! Creamy Roasted Garlic Pasta
7. Make Pizza! Roasted Garlic & Chicken White Pizza
8. Dare to Use 40 Cloves! Hummus with 40 Cloves
9. Make a Pesto! Roasted Garlic Walnut Pesto
10. Mash it! Roasted Garlic and Caramelized Onion Mashed Potatoes