This Vegan Soba Noodle Salad can be served cold or at room temperature. It’s a quick noodle dish that is portable for healthy work day lunches. Soba noodles are coasted with a creamy cashew sauce then topped with crisp, raw vegetables and cilantro. Extra toasted cashews are added to the top for that extra crunch!
Yesterday I planted all my vegetable seeds indoors in seed starting pots. Each year I pick a new variety of vegetable to grow – this year it’s the Pink Boar tomato – pinkish with metallic green stripes. Besides the April snowstorm we got last night, spring is alive and well (at least inside my house).
Once my garden is underway and I have fresh herbs and vegetables on hand, this cold soba noodle salad is perfect for lunch! Packed with red bell pepper, cucumbers, carrots and pea pods, it’s a noodle salad that satisfies that creamy noodle craving in a super healthy way!
The creamy cashew sauce has just a little kick from the Sriracha sauce and fresh cilantro is essential to bring all the flavors together.
The creamy sauce coats the soba noodles and the fresh veggies and herbs bring the crunch and brightness. Top your bowls with toasted cashews for extra crunch and texture right before eating.
How to Make this Vegan Soba Noodle Salad with Creamy Cashew Sauce:
- Blend cashew sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Cook soba noodles. Drain.
- Chop fresh veggies and herbs.
- Mix noodles and sauce together.
- Add vegetables and herbs. Mix to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Top with extra toasted cashews.
This Vegan Noodle Salad is tossed in a Creamy Cashew Sauce. Packed with fresh veggies, it's perfect to take to work for lunch! Can be served cold or at room temperature.
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews + more to toast for topping the final dish
- 1 tb grated ginger
- 4 small/medium garlic cloves
- 2 Tb honey
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp pepper
- 9.5 oz soba noodles or other noodle of choice
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 cup pea pods
- 1 cup cilantro chopped
In a small cuisinart, finely mince garlic.
Add all of the sauce ingredients except the cashews and blend until combined.
Then add the raw cashews and blend until smooth or mostly smooth.
Let the sauce sit while you prepare the noodles and veggies. You will blend it again right before mixing it with the noodles.
Prepare noodles according to package instruction. Drain and set aside.
Lightly toast a handful of cashews to top each noodle dish. Toast at 350F for about 5 min.
Prepare all the fresh toppings.
Toss noodles in sauce and add toppings.
Season with salt, pepper and more sriracha if you prefer.
Top with extra toasted cashews when ready to eat. The extra cashews will become soft in the refrigerator, so keep them in a separate container at room temperature to add right before eating.
More Vegan make ahead salads that are perfect for meal prep:
- Farro Salad with Spiced Tahini
- North by Northwest Couscous Salad
- Avocado Brown Rice with Sweet Potato + Mango
- Tropical Black Beans and Rice
- Beet and Chickpea Salad with Coconut-Lime Dressing