Adapted from a recipe I collected while living in Tucson, Arizona, this Cucumber Salsa has a light & fresh quality from the cucumbers with a bold spicy flavor from jalapeños. It’s the kind of salsa you just want to drink it’s so yummy!
Cucumbers are running wild in my garden this year and I can only eat so many spiralized cucumber noodle salads. It’s been years since I’ve made this Cucumber Salsa and thanks to inspiration from my garden cucumbers I get to share it with you!
This salsa is quite juicy since the cucumbers release liquid, but the juice is so delicious I could drink it straight from the bowl. I had some wimpy chips in the pantry. This salsa is best served with big sturdy chips like scoops. They work like little spoons to slurp up all that yummy juice.
I hope it pays off when I enter our local salsa contest in September at our community garden party fundraiser!
So, grab a bag of tortilla chips and enjoy summer salsas at their peak!
A summer salsa with cucumbers as the star - giving this salsa a cool and fresh twist plus bold spicy flavors from jalapeños.
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups chopped 2 medium cucumbers--Peeled, seeded(scrape insides out with a spoon), then diced
- 2-3 large tomatoes--Cut the "top" off slide out any super pulpy insides and squeeze the tomato and juices into the salsa. Chop the any remaining pulp and skins into little pieces and add to salsa.
- 4-5 green onions green part only chopped
- 1 cup chopped banana pepper
- 1-2 jalapeño peppers use the seeds if you want extra spice
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
Mix the seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
In large bowl, toss all the chopped vegetables.
Mix the seasonings into the vegetables and enjoy!
Tastes even better the next day!
This is a really juicy salsa since the cucumbers release liquid. Feel free to drain some liquid out, but you'll miss out on the delicious juice which is so good you might want to drink it straight.
**Next week I’ll be sharing some new adventures from my trip to Austin, TX where I’m sure to find plenty of salsa while enjoying this foodie paradise!
Stay tuned for the next edition of Traveling & Eating!