It’s the holy grail of healthy ice cream – 5 Minute Vegan Banana Ice Cream made with just 4 ingredients – bananas, plant based milk, cinnamon + nut butter! Delicious and it won’t break your calorie count for the day!
I’m pretty sure this vegan ice cream recipe is on every food blog in the world. So naturally it’s going on mine too. And if you haven’t tried this – you’re completely missing out.
This vegan ice cream is made with frozen bananas, oat milk or almond milk, nut butter and cinnamon, this 4-ingredient, 5-minute snack is a delightfully simple indulgence.
It’s not easy sticking to healthier snacks, but this recipe really hits the spot when you have a craving for ice cream. Plus these ingredients are usually hanging around the house, so no driving to the store necessary!
TIPS on How to Make VEGAN Banana ICE CREAM
- Use bananas that are perfectly ripe. Underripe bananas won’t be sweet and creamy.
- Don’t use whole frozen bananas or large chunks. Banana pieces, sliced into discs will be much easier to blend and blend faster – which makes your blender much happier. Plus banana pieces freeze much quicker than large chunks. For those of us in a hurry to get to the ice cream…just saying.
- You can use any nut butter you would like. Just note that peanut butter will have an overwhelmingly peanut butter flavor – so you really have to be going for that banana peanut butter flavor profile.
- Use a splash of plant based milk of any kind (my favorites are almond milk or oat milk with a touch of vanilla extract)
Can I freeze vegan banana ice cream?
Vegan ice cream is like soft serve. It’s not meant to be frozen solid. It gets way to icy and loses it’s creamy + soft fluff.
5 Minute Vegan Banana Ice Cream made with just a few ingredients - bananas, cinnamon, nut butter and a splash of almond or oat milk!
- 2 ripe bananas sliced and frozen
- 2 Tbs peanut butter or other nut butter such as cashew
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-3 Tbs milk of choice (almond milk, oat milk, etc) Add 1 Tbs at a time to help the blender mix well.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 1/8 tsp Kosher salt (optional, but I little salty & sweet is perfection!)
- Chocolate version: just add 2 tsp of cocoa powder
Put first 3 ingredients in a blender.
Blend until smooth, adding a few tablespoons of almond or oat milk to help blender incorporate everything well.
Once smooth, mix in nuts or any other topping you'd prefer, noting that these may add extra calories.
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THIS
VEGAN SWEET POTATO ICE CREAM RECIPE!
It requires a little more work, but it’s perfect for fall!