It’s the holy grail of healthy ice cream – 5 Minute Vegan Banana Ice Cream made with just 3 ingredients – bananas, cinnamon + nut butter! Delicious and it won’t break your calorie count for the day!
I’m pretty sure this ice cream recipe is on every food blog in the world. So naturally it’s going on mine too. And if you haven’t tried this – you’re completely missing out.
This vegan ice cream is made with frozen bananas, oat milk or almond milk, nut butter and cinnamon, this 4-ingredient, 5-minute snack is a delightfully simple indulgence.
It’s not easy sticking to healthier snacks, but this recipe really hits the spot when you have a craving for ice cream. Plus these ingredients are usually hanging around the house, so no driving to the store necessary!
TIPS FOR MAKING VEGAN ICE CREAM
- Start with frozen banana pieces, not whole bananas. That would just be too hard for your blender.
- You can use any nut butter you would like. Just note that peanut butter will have an overwhelmingly peanut butter flavor – so you really have to be going for that banana peanut butter flavor profile.
- Use a splash of plant based milk of any kind (I typically do banana almond milk or banana oat milk ice cream.)
5 Minute Vegan Ice Cream made with just a few ingredients - bananas, cinnamon, nut butter and a splash of almond or oat milk!
- 2 ripe bananas sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or other nut butter such as cashew
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- milk of choice (almond milk, oat milk, etc) to help the blender mix everything more easily - about 1-3 Tbs
Put first 3 ingredients in a blender.
Blend until smooth, adding a few tablespoons of almond or oat milk to help blender incorporate everything well.
Once smooth, mix in nuts or any other topping you'd prefer, noting that these may add extra calories.
DON’T FORGET TO CHECK OUT THIS
VEGAN SWEET POTATO ICE CREAM RECIPE!
It requires a little more work, but it’s perfect for fall!