A spring mug cake that will brighten your day! This Lemon Zucchini Cake takes 2 minutes to make and results in a moist and delicious cake that you can’t resist!
Sometimes I just want a little cake.
Enter the mug cake.
So how do you make a mug cake?
This mug cake recipe requires no eggs
and just a few ingredients.
It’s just enough cake to satisfy, easy to make and no oven required! I’ve even snuck veggies into this one! Hooray! The fresh shredded zucchini keeps this mug cake moist and the coconut milk adds just enough creamy richness to make this your new favorite mug cake recipe.
Another brilliant reason to grow zucchini in your garden! Of course, you’ll have to include lots of healthy recipes for your zucchini too.
Here are some of my favorites for you to try:
- 8 Tbs All-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 Tbs sugar
- 6 Tb coconut milk or milk of choice
- 2 Tb canola oil
- 2 Tb lemon juice + zest of 1 lemon
- ½ tsp lemon extract
- ½ cup shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- Zest of 1 lemon
- In a small bowl mix all the dry ingredients. (This can be mixed directly in your microwave safe large mug or ramekin if it's large enough).
- Add all wet ingredients including shredded zucchini and mix until all dry bits are incorporated.
- Microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes - checking at the 1.5 minute mark. It will still be a little moist in the very center. (if you've split the batter between 2 separate mugs - start out with 1 minute in the microwave to adjust for the smaller container)
- Drizzle with lemony frosting and zest (optional)
The best part is that you can use this recipe as a template
for any dreamy combination you can think of!
My next creation = rhubarb mug cake!