It’s Fall. You’re in the mood for pumpkin. Don’t resist. Crack open a can of pumpkin puree and dig into this easy breakfast – Maple Pumpkin Oatmeal with Walnuts.
Did you know that we owe the tradition of pumpkin carving to Irish immigrants? When they settled in America in the 1800’s, they altered their tradition of carving facing on turnips to ward off evil spirits to carving pumpkins! Jack O’Lantern!
When that alarm goes off, you’ll bounce right on out of bed so you can hurry up and dive into this bowl of warm spices and creamy pumpkin deliciousness! This bowl of Maple Pumpkin Oatmeal is not your old sad bowl of oatmeal. It’s perfect alongside a mug of Georgia pecan coffee.
I can never use a whole can of pumpkin fast enough, so I freeze mine in these Tovolo silicon trays. Then pop one out when I’m ready to make this oatmeal.
Is there such thing as too much pumpkin? I think not.
Follow my Pumpkin Pumpkin Pumpkin board on Pinterest and see what other pumpkin recipes I’m planning to make!
- ⅓ cup quick oats (you can use rolled oats - they will take a few extra minutes)
- 1.5 tsp pumpkin spice seasoning or extract
- dash of kosher salt
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tbs pure pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbs maple water (optional)
- ¼ cup of walnut pieces
- 1.5 tsp ground flax seeds
- maple syrup, to taste
- optional toppings: ⅓ cup diced apple, 2 tsp ground flax seeds, extra walnuts
- Combine oats, salt, spices, milk and water over medium high.
- When the mixture starts to bubble, turn down to medium-low and add pumpkin and maple water (if using). Stir occasionally until oats are soft.
- Add walnuts. Mix in to incorporate.
- Serve with: ground flax seed, maple syrup, extra walnuts and diced apple.
I made a video. Because everyone else is. Enjoy!
Stay in touch! Follow me on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Pinterest to get the latest!
Take my Buttermilk Biscuit Class on Skillshare!